Monday, June 20, 2011

Texas A&M vs, South Carolina -- ugh

Well of course, my boyfriend's team HAD to play my Gamecocks in the 1st game at the 2011 CWS and just seein him get ready for the game had my heart jumpin!  It was really exciting and all of us wives and girlfriends were on edge the whole day just hopin for a W after last night.  After tryin to relax in the sun all day we got ourselves all pretty in our A&M colors and headed to the TD Ameritrade Park!

Now, I will admit that I felt a little sad that I wasn't standing in line for my ticket with the rest of the South Carolina fans but I am a good girlfriend and I stood my ground.  After waiting in a line that lasted about 45 min for just Player Guests tickets (I thought we were supposed to have special privileges, haha) and sweatin all our makeup off, we set off into the park.  Its really beautiful!


Well  I was just so excited because I got to sit next to Kyle's parents in the family section!  It was really fun to be around such a lively group of fans!  So lively, in fact, that they put us on TV!







I have to admit I felt like a bit of a traitor in my Texas A&M shirt but I was so happy to support my boyfriend and his team for all their hard work and making it to the CWS!  Unfortunately, after both teams scoring 4 runs in the first inning it stayed that way until the bottom of the 9th when SC's Scott Wingo drilled a bases-loaded single to give the Gamecocks a 5-4 victory over Texas A&M.  It was quite shocking to us because we thought we were going into extra innings, but we stood there and watched as the boys met on the field and listened to a few words from Coach Childress.



(There is Kyle on the left in #50)

But I was so happy to be there for him after the game at the buses where it was so crazy with fans, friends and families waiting to get autographs, pictures and hugs from the boys.  My new friend, Amanda, who is also dating a coach, were joking back and forth that we looked like groupies hanging by the buses waiting for them!  Soon enough the boys got out and Kyle and I got our first picture together in his uniform!  We never got a chance before so I was so excited to get this one with him!



So now the boys play tomorrow at 1 pm (12pm ET) to hopefully win this one and head onto another game after that!  Saying lots of prayers today and we are headed off to an early dinner with the team at Anthony's Steakhouse (I think) and then back to the field!  I'll be posting more pictures soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment