Thursday, June 23, 2011

Oh, So That's What Double-Elimination Means...



Well unfortunately, Texas A&M lost a game they should've won (in my opinion and everyone else in the Aggie crowd) to California.  It just seemed as if the guys weren't there mentally when they stepped up to the plate.  Sophomore Michael Wacha did a fantastic job as the starting pitcher, but it wasn't enough to hold off Cal's batters.  I noticed there were a lot of foul balls, way more than usual, one almost hitting one of A&M's coach's daughters in the back of the head!  I guess Cal had their heads in the game more so than the Aggies.  I'm not a coach (obviously) so I'll leave it to the guys who really know what the team was going through, mentally, to justify that statement.



It was a very cold, windy, rainy game, especially with the "tornado" that came through the day before.  No offense to ABC News but, the general consensus in Omaha was they blew it way out of proportion and it was just high winds.  Still, nobody knows why the tornado sirens went off during the game.  Everytime the skys started to part and sun came through, we all thought it was a good omen for the team!  Even all my praying wasn't helping, but God had a plan and we had to trust it!





So, after we left the stadium and we stood in the rain to see Kyle and the team before they headed back to the hotel, I found out that they were leaving that night to return to College Station.  Well, of course I was going to put on my best act and I kicked, screamed and pouted (it got me no where).  I need to learn a better strategy to getting my way now that I'm an adult...



Anyway, as I met Kyle back at the hotel room, I watched him pack up, eat dinner and head to the bus to leave.  I understand that the reason why they left so soon was to ensure the "safety" of the players; i.e. they wouldn't go out and party since they were out of the CWS.  But the players and coaches had families still in Omaha and it would've been nice to have at least some more time with them until we had to leave as well!  Anyway, we kissed the boys goodbye and Amanda and I set out to Margaritas to have a margarita (a very large one)!  Not the best, but hey, we had to drown our sorrows somehow!



So here I sit on the plane back Pittsburgh (thankfully without a hangover) and toasting to a fantastic season for the Texas A&M baseball team, they have definitely set the bar for future Aggies!  Congratulations guys, you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment